It’s in the name! A clean white with a minty hue.
As with our indoor paint, the Al Fresco Collection is EN:71-3 certified meaning safe to paint children’s toys, it has little to no odour with very low VOC content. It is hard wearing, weatherproof with a robust and chalk finish and of course, it paints like a dream!
- Water based
- Weatherproof, suitable for interior and exterior use
- Chalk and mineral paint formulated for wooden furniture. Also suitable for laminate, powder coated radiators, UPVC, ceramic wall tiles (we recommend avoiding very wet areas like shower/bath surrounds). Can be used for internal walls – in this case, thinning with up to 10% tap water is advised to ease application.
- Also suitable for interior wood, concrete and most laminate floors with correct application – please note that maintenance may be required in these situations.
- Minimal VOC content with virtually no odour
- UKCA and EN71-3 certified (safe for use on children’s toys) EN71-3:2019+A1:2021
- Ingredients: Chalk, Clay, Titanium Dioxide, Resin, Talcum, Preservative
- Self-priming – no primer or undercoat required
- Finish – flat, almost no sheen
- Self-sealing - does not require a top coat for durability
- Self-levelling - meaning little to no brush marks is achievable
- Mould and algae resistant
- A 750ml tin will provide a single coat of up to 12.5m2. For a durable finish, a minimum of 2 coats is required, so your 750ml tin should provide full coverage for just over 6m2 on non-porous surfaces like laminate or metal. Limited Edition 500ml tins will provide a single coat of up to 8.5m2.
- Always ensure you have enough paint for your whole project. When more than 1 tin of the same colour is needed, it is good practice to ensure batch numbers are identical or to intermix batches prior to commencing painting.
- Porous, or ‘thirsty’ surfaces like bare wood or MDF, tend to absorb paint meaning additional coats are likely to be required to achieve a durable finish. In this case, your 750ml tin will provide less than 6m2 of full coverage. If you apply the paint too thinly, durability may be affected.
- Ensure surface is in suitable condition for painting and free from grease, wax or penetrating substances. If previously painted, remove loose or flaking paint.
- Surface preparation required in addition to the above – clean with Frenchic Sugar Soap, rinse and dry thoroughly. Hand-sand sufficiently to abrade the surface. Wipe off any dust, paint away!
- Take care on opening the tin lid – a Frenchic tin opener is recommended
- Stir thoroughly with a wide implement, such as a Paint Paddle, prior to each use
Application, drying and curing (hardening)
- Avoid painting in direct sunlight, only when the air and surface temperatures are between 10oC and 32oC and humidity is less than 85%. Do not apply if, in the following 48 hours, there is likelihood of rain, frost, fog, condensation or if the temperature is likely to drop lower than 10oC. This means that certain times of the year are unsuitable for painting outside projects - as a general rule of thumb Summer is recommended.
- Exterior wooden surfaces in particular can retain moisture for up to 48 hours after rainfall or preparation. Ensure the items are thoroughly dry prior to painting.
- For ferrous metal, treat rust, remove any loose or flaking coatings and sand smooth - in these circumstances, we recommend 2 coats of Frenchic Finishing Coat as a base for the paint.
- Apply with a good quality brush or roller. Also suitable for spraying - thin with up to 15% tap water and apply additional coat(s).
- To allow self-levelling, avoid overworking the paint
- Allow a minimum of 2 hours between coats (even if the paint feels touch dry).
- Curing (hardening) time is up to 3 weeks in normal conditions. Treat gently until curing is complete.
- For floors, to avoid damaging the finish, do not walk on the area for 4 hours after painting and then with socks for the next 7 days. Also, try to keep pet paw claws off as well during this period. Do not allow the surface to become wet for at least a week. Continue to treat with care for up to 3 weeks.
Clean up and storage
- Reseal tin after use. Clean up any spills immediately with water. Wash brushes in warm, soapy water.
- Do not store where the tin could be subjected to damp, frost, freezing or high temperatures.
Advice for choosing colours
We make every effort to match our online colour swatches to the paint but colours can vary depending on a number of factors, including screen settings. This means that we cannot guarantee the paint will exactly match what you see on screen. Please order a colour chart, small tin or sample sachet (where available) or visit your nearest stockist to see the colours yourself.