Get one’s self the Midas touch with this wonderful, warm and glowing, metallic gold. A right royal result every time. Absolutely spiffing!
Add an air of luxury and elegance to your furniture, front door, kitchen, bathroom or just about anywhere! The Metallics range is a weatherproof, durable, easy to use paint with a fabulous metallic effect finish. Self-priming and self-sealing, it is suitable for a wide range of surfaces both inside and out! Water-based, with minimal VOC content plus UKCA and EN71-3 certification meaning it is safe to use on children’s toys.
- Water based
- Suitable for interior and exterior use
- Metallic paint formulated for multiple surfaces. Suitable for most types of furniture, laminate, powdercoated radiators, UPVC, ceramic wall tiles (we recommend avoiding very wet areas like shower/bath surrounds), plus wood, concrete and laminate floors with correct application – please note that maintenance may be required in these situations
- Minimal VOC content with low odour
- UKCA and EN71-3 certified (safe for use on children’s toys) EN71-3:2019+A1:2021
- Self-priming – no primer or undercoat required
- Finish – metallic
- Self-sealing - does not require a top coat for durability
- The metallic mineral pigment content of the Frenchic Metallics range makes it a bit different to our other paints. The finish will naturally look hand-painted due to its metallic gleam as well as the nature of the mineral content – in other words, some appearance of texture is to be expected. This means it is great for a huge range of effects. If, however, a super-smooth or uniform finish is desired, the product can be sprayed by adding a little water.
A straightforward metallic look is often most pronounced when the product is applied over a base similar in colour to the paint.
- A 500ml tin will provide a single coat of up to 8.5m2. For a durable finish, a minimum of 2 coats is required, so your 500ml tin should provide full coverage for just over 4m2 on non-porous surfaces.
- Porous, or ‘thirsty’ surfaces like bare wood or MDF, tend to absorb paint meaning additional coats are likely to be required to achieve a durable finish. In this case, your 750ml tin will provide less than 6m2 of full coverage. If you apply the paint too thinly, durability may be affected.
- Ensure surface is in suitable condition for painting and free from grease, wax or penetrating substances. If previously painted, remove loose or flaking paint.
- Surface preparation required in addition to the above – clean with Sugar Soap, rinse and dry thoroughly. Hand-sand sufficiently to abrade the surface. Wipe off any dust, paint away!
- Take care on opening the tin lid – a Frenchic tin opener is recommended
- Stir thoroughly with a wide implement, such as a paint paddle, prior to each use
Application, drying and curing (hardening)
- Avoid painting in direct sunlight, only when the air and surface temperatures are between 10oC and 32oC and humidity is less than 85%. Do not apply if, in the following 48 hours, there is likelihood of rain, frost, fog, condensation or if the temperature is likely to drop lower than 10oC
- Exterior wooden surfaces in particular can retain moisture for up to 48 hours after rainfall or preparation. Ensure the items are thoroughly dry prior to painting.
- Apply with a good quality brush or roller. Also suitable for spraying - thin with up to 15% tap water and apply additional coat(s).
- To allow self-levelling, avoid overworking the paint
- Allow a minimum of 2 hours between coats (even if the paint feels touch dry).
- Curing (hardening) time is up to 3 weeks in normal conditions. Treat gently until curing is complete.
- For floors, to avoid damaging the finish, do not walk on the area for 4 hours after painting and then with socks for the next 7 days. Also, try to keep pet paw claws off as well during this period. Do not allow the surface to become wet for at least a week. Continue to treat with care for up to 3 weeks.
Clean up and storage
- Reseal tin after use. Clean up any spills immediately with water. Wash brushes in warm, soapy water.
- Do not store where the tin could be subjected to damp, frost, freezing or high temperatures.
Advice for choosing colours
We make every effort to match our online colour swatches to the paint but colours can vary depending on a number of factors, including screen settings. This means that we cannot guarantee the paint will exactly match what you see on screen. Please pop in to the shop where you will be able to see an example.